Let me begin...

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The end....or another beginning....

Another summer comes to a close for me...

Tomorrow is my final day of rest before the first teacher work day of another year.

This year should be interesting.

A new VP, the drama with my never ending battle against the people who are supposed to support me, new adventures at the VA Hospital in the kitchen, 2 new students, .... the husband in school, Special Olympics starting right away, ....

And thinking that next year there is an 80% possibility of me moving on to a different job. I've been thinking about possibly doing consulting teaching if I can find a position (kind of an administrative position over a few schools SPED teachers) or at least moving closer to home so I can bike and not have such a long commute....and I must admit I am hoping to find a more supportive place next year.

It has really been an internal battle to stay for this year. I have already signed that contract...but the more I think about it, the more I would just like to run away. The drama I have at work didn't exist for the last two months, and I must admit that I've never been more at ease. I want that. I want to at least not be so intensely stressed out about work and psycho parents...and absent administrators.

This is yet another reason why I am so excited that the hubby is returning to school....I am ready to not be the breadwinner/sugar mommA.

My second year at my last job was much smoother....I am praying that this upcoming school year will prove that the second year is half as difficult! Now that I've figured out who the best helpers are at the school and I know the majority of the kids from last year, I feel safe saying that at least there will be some things that are easier!

However, I lost two of my hardest-working, easiest students...and I am apparently gaining two more that may prove to be much more difficult. Only time will tell.

I know that God can do anything, and I am praying that He will make this second year a breeze. Last year was tough for SO many different reasons....and I trust that the Lord will provide me with some relief after surviving and crossing that finish line.

In other news, our trees got haircuts and I am currently hiding at a WIFI establishment to escape the pounding on our roof. While everything did not go as planned for our home improving summer, I am very thankful that both of these huge tasks are done as I stare another school year in the face. Additional home stressors are not needed when beginning a new year! :)

Until Tuesday, trusting that the Lord will provide!

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Praying for that too! My sis-in-law works as a special needs teacher for a specific student at a school on the east side and I hear many of the same stories from her. It's such a tough world made so much tougher by our peers! Who is your tree guy? Did you like him and was he reasonable?

Talitha said...

Definitely....so far, I am exhausted and I've been woking past 7 each night....so excited for our weekend because we have a coaching conference for special olympics! :)

Seattle Tree Service: 363-9742. They were GREAT--cleaned it all up and even left us firewood. It was like 750 for two giant trees and they were out there for like 6+ hours. We were very pleased, esp. since we have low-hanging wires all over the place...