Let me begin...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Staying Positive

Needless to say, it was a tough first week back at work. First, I was on a bad sleep schedule not nice for waking up at 5:30am. Second, the holidays have passed me by. From October to December 31st, I really enjoy myself--baking, the seasons of change, the holiday celebrations and traditions, etc. Finally, my kids don't do well with a break in the schedule.

The first week back made my classroom felt like a war zone. The security guards agreed with me on Wednesday.

However, I am feeling more positive than I have in quite some time. Since it's the new year, I know it won't be too long before some changes happen that will make my life less stressful. As I continue to pray for these things, I try to focus on how to make each day the best it can be...and I try to focus on not being negative. I am more toward that "glass half empty" than "glass half full"...

I can't wait to see what the new year will bring!

So far, the new year has brought fun with our family and next weekend one of my very best friends is coming to visit us for the weekend...what a great way to start January! November and December were so stressful it is just even more wonderful to have a less stressful month.

Despite the drama this week, I managed to not be injured by any of it and somehow, I have managed to not become ill despite my husband and 7 of 9 students being sick. Now THAT is a true miracle!

Over the break I finally managed to catch up with scrapbooking--I made 4 whole books (and 3 trips to Joann's) during the break! Talk about being productive! My next project will be for the house--I bought wooden picture frames to paint in a "ROYGBIV" formation--I am thinking about doing that at some point this month, but we shall see.

I am so thankful for God granting these great positive things to me this January. It is so easy to fall back into the same patterns. I am reading through the Bible again (I love apps on cell phones!) and reading about Abram-->Abraham...thinking...yes, we love repeating patterns. It's bad enough I like things arranged in a certain way!

Thankful for the newness of the new year!

No comments: