Let me begin...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

















Exhaustion. It hits quickly, especially when you've been working on IEP's, assessment packets, and final projects of all shapes and sizes. :-/

Wow, the semester is coming to a close. . .in 5 days, I will be halfway to my Masters degree. . .and what a happy day that graduation will be!

The only One keeping me sane during this time is my Hope, my Strength, my Light, my Jesus. While I could give up, Christ moves within me. I know that this program of study is going to benefit my students. . .I need to finish so that I can fulfill the desires of God for my life. It's amazing what He can do with someone like me. He gives me strength and hope.

His joy is new EVERY morning. When I wake up and start my day with my chug (literally) of coffee and my God, I feel revived no matter how little sleep I've gotten. As I've told many, only God keeps my energy flowing and my mind clear to listen to Him. Even now, He encourages me to press onward through His Word. . . .

Phil. 3:12-14:
"12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

To this I pray, God, please let me never give You anything less than my best. I am far from perfect, but from me, all You need is obedience, not perfection. I pray that I will press onward toward that which You have in store for me. . .I step out, now sure of the future, not sure of what I will do tomorrow, next month, or next year. We are not promised another day, but each day, we must step out in faith in the direction we feel called. Even if the message gets garbled in my simple mind, please have mercy on me and continue to deliver me from MYSELF each day.

Matthew 11:28-30:
"28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Thank You, God, for Your light load, for Your love which pads and protects me on all sides. When I feel surrounded by enemies, You stamp them out and save me yet again. . .even if the enemy is my own mind. Lord, thank You for forgiving me, for blessing me, and for letting me learn from You.

Psalm 36:5-10:
"5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.

6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.

7 How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find [b] refuge in the shadow of your wings.

8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.

9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

10 Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart."



Lord, may I please feast on Your abundance instead of snacking on my own strength? Let each day begin and end with Your grace. <><





No comments: