Let me begin...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waiting...we meet again

So lots of crazy events over the past 24 hours. :)

Last night we signed our very first house bid. We went and checked out houses all morning and afternoon and when we were done, we knew that the time was right. So we met for a couple of hours w/ our awesome real estate agent last night and signed all the lovely paperwork to send off to the sellers.

Now we are just waiting. The bid expires tonight at 9pm. The sellers were supposed to meet at 4:30 pm with their real estate listing agent to decide on whether or not to accept our bid and reach mutual acceptance on the offer.

It's 50 minutes later, I've been making jewelry and doing laundry, and I am again waiting to see if the Lord has this in our plan or not. I also had a delectable bagel.

In general, I'm very excited to be at this point in my life, as well as this stage in the house search project. We love to have people over. We love to have room for us to invite people with kids and know we actually have the space to contain them and the outdoor area for them to play. We love to host and delight and fellowship with friends.

So now we wait and pray that we can make the next step in making this a reality. God has been so faithful in meeting our needs thus far, and I trust that He will continue to fill our cups with just the right "beverage." God knows just what we need to be able to make an impact whilst we are here. We hope and pray that this house is "The One" house just for us...but if not, we are speaking in faith when we say "We are okay." God makes me content. God is what I need.

Yes, I would love to make this house into a home.

But do I have to have it? No. God has my life under control just the way it is right now. If He so chooses to entrust us with more by giving us this home, then I pray that we will be diligent in serving and worshipping Him there. I pray that our home will be a safe place for people when they need it, and a wonderful place for our posterity to grow up.

So now I am off to put our loan info. in order...it'll be interesting to see what the final verdict is!

2 comments:

T-rav said...

I hope you guys get this house, and it's heartwarming to see God's glory being the foundation behind why you want to pursue it.

Talitha said...

We did get the home for the first round--God is awesome! Inspection is tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by!!