Let me begin...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Welcome Home, Almost....

Well, the last time I wrote we had made a bid on a house...since then, we have been moving right along the path toward a new home...

After the inspection, it was discovered that we needed a new roof and some tuck pointing....and some other simple things inside the house.

We made a counter-offer, and guess what...they accepted it with no argument--so we are in! :)

While we were waiting to see if they'd accept our counter-offer, we prayed and prayed....we prayed specifically for no other offer to be returned...we were ready to get the thing moving.

God was faithful--no argument, a garden blooming in the back yard...and an estimate for a new roof, which will be created in July (when it gets dry here). God is so good to us--we are so thankful that He is allowing us to buy this new home...a home where we can invite over lots of friends...a home we can decorate for Christmas....a home where I can make delicious preserves and roll-out cookies without hassle. :)

This week, we are waiting for an appraisal...then just waiting for the sellers to move out of the house! Our closing date when we GET THE KEYS will be on May 1--very exciting times!

Until then, I will be faithfully packing up all of our things a little at a time...glad that I have a month to do this so I can do it slowly!

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

This week at work was pretty stressful.

I hate seizures.

On Monday, we started out the week with one of my students with NO history of seizures collapsing in the lunchroom. For a minute and a half, I prayed over this kid, MY KID, asking God to make it go away. It was the longest grand mal/tonic-clonic seizure I'd experienced to date...not a fun time. Thank the Lord that my aide and I were there to get him to the ground and that I am certified in first aid. No blocked airways!

I am so thankful that the Lord was in this situation and that the kid was okay after all of that...they are following up to see if this is a new disorder or what the deal is...but I am praying against regular seizures in my classroom. Too scary.

In other news, I am soon going to be coaching Special Olympics soccer--and we will be trained by the Sounders coaches! I am so excited to see that Special Olympics are here in WA--I was really missing going to the games and seeing my kids have the opportunity to succeed and be overjoyed while playing sports.

Amidst all the drama and exhaustion I feel at work, I am thankful to be certain that God can use me here at this job.

Yes, it's stressful.

But would anyone else be here to advocate for these kids if I weren't?

Probably not.

Whether or not my worldly bosses are pleased with my constant complaints/requests on behalf of my kids, I gotta keep it up. I gotta keep going. I have to look past my own discomfort and focus what is ahead...kids who feel better about themselves. Kids who feel success. Kids who (hopefully) experience God's love because I am there.

God, please help me to be a good example. Please help me to be patient. Please help me to love.

2 comments:

Dacia said...

Amen! And congrats on the house!

Talitha said...

Thanks! We are REALLY excited about it!! Can't wait to have you guys over! :) And have a yard and space! :)