Let me begin...

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The best two months

Well, the time has come....the season of baking and joy is upon us. This month, I get to celebrate my one year anniversary with my husband and I get to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends. We are heading down to our cousins' home for the big Turkey celebration since the hubby has the day off! I am so excited that he got one of the two holidays off (he had to rank the top five days he wanted off). We will find out on Tuesday if he has Christmas Eve off.

Corn souffle and sweet potato souffle. . .and turkey cupcakes. That is our contribution to the familial celebration for Thanksgiving this year. Those two casseroles are the most delicious things one can hope for at a meal or a church dinner. . .I am so excited to get to cook this year! Last year we were on our honeymoon so I didn't get to cook anything, which was still sad even though I was frolicking in Canada. :) That is how much I enjoy cooking.

I am already planning holiday fun!! Besides the usual baking each weekend, we will be doing some holiday activities: turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving with the kids, decorating sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, building gingerbread houses, yay! I will be doing these at home and in the classroom, so it's almost like getting to live the holiday season twice. . .which is awesome.

There is so much to be thankful for. . .my husband, a home, Seattle, a church family, hot tea, rain, co-workers, coupons, awesome libraries, returning health (hopefully~!). . .

It is amazing what God does for His people and how he sees us through. He is truly amazing! This was a very action-packed year for us, between the move, health issues, being newly married, and getting new jobs. . .but the Lord has been with us through each step and He will continue to walk us through everything. Plus, we still have two whole months left until 2011. . .there is no telling what will happen in two months! Based on the past year, I'd say that we are looking at some more crazy times!

My home smells like a bakery. . .yum!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I am also very excited for the Christmas season, I've made a list of all the things I want to do . . . so far I've made some Christmas cards and I plan on making stockings with my MIL, baking gingerbread cookies, making truffles, doing the cut-your-own-tree thing, and praying for snow!

We also have the traditions of doing fondue on Christmas Eve and having Top Pot doughnuts for breakfast on Christmas. We also get to spend it with lots of family. I can't wait!

Talitha said...

It sounds like you've got lots of great plans! We are enjoying traditions as a family too...I have been making Jesus a birthday cake each year since becoming a Christian. I live being able to do this with a husband now. I have heard of that doughnut place! Isn't it downtown?