Let me begin...

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas time is hereeeeee

Well, from November 1-December 31st, I become a Christmas music lover....a gingerbread house fanatic.....and a baking fiend.

Sometimes it happens in mid-October. That was this year.

I also become reminiscent about what I've come from....and where I'm going. For me, it's not about the presents. When we have kids, we won't talk about Santa. We won't load our tree with bow-covered gifts. We won't talk about shopping, shopping, shopping.

It's not about what you can get. The Black Friday great deals are not the focal point of the holiday.

Jesus. He's the pinnacle. He needs to be the focus. Yes, I do have a tree. Yes, I do love snowmen. But we really want to celebrate the birth of our Lord, the greatest gift, during this time of the year. I have to constantly remind myself of this, even though I have fewer distractions! AHH!

A stubborn person. Loves to bake too much. Sometimes forgets to truly listen to the words of the tunes I sing. All those Christmas hymns MEAN something.

I pray that my heart and my focus will be more on the celebration of Christ than on making food for people, which is one of my great joys in life, apparently. The way to ANYONES heart is through the tummy--this is not only true of men. ;)

Thank you for the greatest gift. Let that be my focus.

No comments: