Let me begin...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A decade walking w/ Jesus

So yesterday marked one decade for me. To the day. Pretty crazy!

God has so much to refine in me....and in one decade, so many things have changed.

1. College degrees and career goals

2. From the desire of singleness to a wonderful marriage (God blessed me with a keeper)

3. From immediate travel to Taiwan to some sidetracking years (all in my best interest of course, just not "my plan"--at least now I have the best travel partner I could ask for!)

4. From the armpit of the south (with no deodorant on a 100+ day) to the scalp of the northwest, all driven in a huge Penske truck with my boo

5. From tan to pale (heehee...yes it is true)

6. Multiple friendships gained and released

7. Weddings

8. From long to short (hair)

9. From chapstick to chapstick (okay, some things will NEVER change)

10. From blindness to vision, vision to blindness (very interesting)

11. From purple to old blue to new white (cars)

12. From jeans and pjs to jeans and pjs (again, some things don't change)

13. From pink to brown (favorite color)

14. From extremely inappropriate rap music to Indie music (yes, it's true)

15. From my bday to my JESUS BDAY

16. From no helmet to helmet (thanks, good husband)

17. From the worst possible outcome to the best possible outcome (cross over, from death to life)


Well, it has been a trip and a half. And sometimes the changes are hard. Sometimes they are killer. But looking back from where I've come and looking ahead to where God is leading me....well, I think it's going to be a very worthwhile journey.


Thanks be to God for His mighty hand. He reached out to me. He called.

Maybe by my next decade we'll finally have those flying cars like on "The Jetsons...."