Let me begin...

Monday, June 6, 2011

The light between the clouds...

Whilst the craziness continues even today at work, from mid-week last week until now, I'm starting to see the "light between the clouds" with all of the rough stuff at work.

Even today as I am fussed at about putting sunscreen on a child's scalp to prevent that which I know all too well (the dreaded scalp burn), I know that there is good. I can breathe. I can persevere.

I am reminded that the truth will always set you free...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom....and that liberty is not being used as a cloak for vice in my classroom or in my life.

The truth guides.

The truth always comes out.

And if someone has an issue with how God has called me to run my classroom, then I trust that in the same way, the truth will reveal itself. What can mortal man do to me??

Annoy the slugs out of my garden, that is for sure.

But destroy my spirit?

No way.

Destroy my faith?

No how.

Destroy the way I view God; the way I view life; the truth God has graciously allowed me to perceive despite my iniquities?

Nope.

I am not using another ounce of worry for this situation.

I want to be Mary, choosing what is better, sitting at the feet of Jesus, listening, drinking it all in.

Not Martha, anxious about the sunscreen, the harshness, the lack of ability to please. The bleak outlook on exactly what is happening in the present, not the promises of what is yet to come.

I'm glad my mind could be quiet long enough to let me hear the whispers...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi friend! I've missed reading your blogs and glad you are back to blogging. Thanks for for always being so encouraging :) love you

Talitha said...

Ya, mObile blogging!!