Let me begin...

Monday, May 26, 2008

Isaiah 43


















Isaiah 43:

Israel's Only Savior

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
We are redeemed; praise the Lord! We are called by name; not "hey you!" Lord, You know each believer intimately. Praise You for Your care and love, which is better than life.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

We will never be forsaken, forgotten, or forbidden from being in Your presence. I thank You for being with me when the rain and storms loom on the horizon, just waiting to crash down upon me. Praise Your name for never removing me from Your Holy hand, and never leaving me in the flood to drown myself in my own sorrow. You pick me up when I am down, You set my feet upon the solid rock. Just as any great Daddy would. . .that's Who You are to me.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

Look at You care for even the birds of the air. . .what will You withhold from me? Nothing. All good things are from Christ. I desire to praise the Creator, not the creation.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

Thank You Lord for purchasing me at such a great price. I trust that You will continue to wash me clean each day, refreshing and rejuvenating my sinfully and naturally black soul. When You look at me, I am white as snow. That is the cleansing blood of Christ.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

I love this verse, Lord. It comforts me in ways I cannot describe. It doesn't say, "Try not to be scared. . ." it is a command! We ought not fear, for You are with us; not one meant to be with You will slip through Your hands. Ah, the beauty of being selected by an omniscient, omnipresent, and ALMIGHTY God.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

Sons and daughters. . . :-)

7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

We are created to glorify You, as a body; I pray that I will glorify You in my Words, thoughts, and actions.

8 Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.

You are a FEARLESS leader for the fearful.

9 All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."

All the nations will serve and glorify You together. Thank You for letting me hear Your Word in another language. I can think of few things more moving or beautiful. Seeing brothers and sisters in Christ so far away is so encouraging. . .You will conquer all; You already have!

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

What an honor. . .You have made us witnesses. It is not our job simply to witness every once in awhile. . .You call us to BE witnesses! Please, use my words as Your own to bring many to you. May not want others to know You for myself; may my intentions be pure. . .that I will desire to see those souls truly know and love You.

11 I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

THE ONE TRUE GOD. . .how great a gift to know You!

12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.

13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"

No one can reverse the mighty and awesome deeds You have done. . .I praise You for being an unchanging God in an ever-changing world. You are my stability, my stronghold, my safety zone.

God's Mercy and Israel's Unfaithfulness
14 This is what the LORD says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"For your sake I will send to Babylon
and bring down as fugitives all the Babylonians, [b]
in the ships in which they took pride.

15 I am the LORD, your Holy One,
Israel's Creator, your King."

You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. . .

16 This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,

You parts seas for us Lord, You break down barriers. Thank You for making all things possible for our good and our growth!

17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:

18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

Live for the present. . .do what I can for those I love today. . .we aren't promised tomorrow. . .and we certainly can't change the past!

19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

20 The wild animals honor me,
the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,

21 the people I formed for myself
that they may proclaim my praise.

22 "Yet you have not called upon me, O Jacob,
you have not wearied yourselves for me, O Israel.

Lord, please let me weary myself for You. I love You so much, please use me to bring others to You.

23 You have not brought me sheep for burnt offerings,
nor honored me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with grain offerings
nor wearied you with demands for incense.

You do not desire sacrifice and offerings. . .simply a relationship. Thank You for being a very relational God, One who both likes and loves His children.

24 You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me,
or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices.
But you have burdened me with your sins
and wearied me with your offenses.

Even though I am certain that I have so many sins to share with You, I know that You still love and accept me. Lord, I confess that I have a multitude of shortcomings. . .but You do not focus on my flaws! You love me! Thank You!

25 "I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

I thank You for making me clean, whole, and new.

26 Review the past for me,
let us argue the matter together;
state the case for your innocence.

27 Your first father sinned;
your spokesmen rebelled against me.

28 So I will disgrace the dignitaries of your temple,
and I will consign Jacob to destruction [c]
and Israel to scorn.


What a great God, what a wonderful Maker, what a faithful, peaceful Lord. I thank You for Your great blessings, for Your forgiveness, and for allowing me to be what I've always desired to be: a daughter.

No comments: