Let me begin...

Friday, May 30, 2008

Letters of confusion




Confusion. There's always plenty of it in life. I am certain that I am not the only person who gets mixed signals sometimes. . .

Today I got a letter in the mail from the PSC. . .these are the people who decide which Georgia teachers get certified. Since my program does not give initial certification after receiving a bachelor's degree, I am not yet certified. Upon being hired as a teacher, I was told that the BOE would complete all my necessary paperwork to get me certified. When they hired me, they knew the circumstances. Now I get a letter in the mail telling me that they have received my application for certification, but they are lacking on key piece of paperwork: a form filed by my college of choice recommending me for certification. This is interesting. I have no idea how others have been hired without this--but I haven't finished my master's yet! Hence, this paperwork won't be completed until I am finished with my master's.

I am not going to lie. This puts me in quite an interesting position. I do not know what is going to happen. I have already signed a teaching contract, so I would love to say that this is just a bump in the road that can be easily fixed. However, I know that this is not the case.

Now I am waiting to get an email from the head of the certification process at VSU. Will I maintain my teaching position? Who knows; I will let you know later.

I write all of this to say the following:

1. James 4:13-15:
"13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[a] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”
If I am supposed to have this job, then the Lord's will overrules everything else. I pray that I will not fixate on what may be taken away, but instead, look forward to however the Lord will use me during my vapor-like life.


2. Matthew 6:33, 34:
"33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Throughout this process, I have sought You, O Lord. I pray that You will calm my heart, help me see that this is what is good and pleasing to You, and love me despite my doubts and shortcomings.


No comments: