Let me begin...

Friday, May 30, 2008

Promises

God just really encouraged me. Last year when I found out I got my job at JLL, I felt that the Lord was helping me to be content in staying in the US for just a bit longer. Those children He gave me--well, they made the stay completely worth it.

I was so thankful, I went and bought a ring that says "love" on it. This was to signify that the Lord loves me too much to leave me, to forsake me, to forget me, or to not keep His promises to me. He has my best and all believer's best in mind.

This past fall, I broke my ring finger. I was very sad because ever since, the ring has not fit, so I haven't been able to wear it. A few minutes ago, I saw it in my drawer and I pulled it out. For the first time in 7 months, it fit.

This encouraged me because it reminds me that even though things are a little crazy right now, the Lord WILL keep His promises to me. He will use me in the field of teaching to reach many for Him. No matter what happens with my current situation, I know that He will continue keeping His promises, just as He has always done in the past.


Yay, thank You sweet Lord!

In addition, today I put up a huge world map on my wall. It's actually cloth from Wal-Mart, but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a map around here! I loved putting it up and looking at the nations--the Lord has truly burdened my heart for the people of the nations, and I am thankful for this rather large display to remind me of them.



Until we "meet" again,

Serve the Lord!

1 comment:

B. Coleman said...

I enjoy reading your posts too, Mary. That world map is awesome! There was one at Justin and Mike's place that had pictures of their missionary friends placed all over it--a great way to be reminded of who/what to pray for. I'm happy.