Let me begin...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Expectations


Since I'm about to enter good ol' "Chapter Eight" in my life, I felt that it was time to share some "expectations" for my new chapter. 

Honestly, I have NO IDEA what's going to happen. I was talking to someone yesterday about it and I remember saying that the year is unpredictable because there are so many variables. However, I am excited to see how the Lord grows in me, changes my heart, and leads me through the valleys that are BOUND to come. God didn't say "if the storms come;" He said "WHEN the storms come." 

So here are some things I "expect":
1. To be pushed out of my comfort zone. It's a new job, I am at a loss what I will actually wind up doing. Since I cannot be prepared, the Lord has to prepare ME.

2. To make mistakes. There are going to be so many, but I pray that the Lord will allow me to work through the mistakes, to be honest about making them, and to simply change after making them. Like we learn in school, if one intervention doesn't work, then you try 20 more before you make a referral. I think that this also applies to lots of other things. . .the old "if you don't succeed at first, try, try again." 

3. To persevere until I am exhausted. When I went on my second SBP (Summer Beach Project), the overall theme was: "Exhausted?" I have shirts that say that! (People have actually tried to buy these off my back--they think it's just talking about a lack of sleep, which is humorous!) The basis for this theme is that we should be EXHAUSTED when our lives are over. . .that we should fall across the "finish line" and not be able to catch our breath. In a race, all runners run to receive the crown of glory. . .! When I am exhausted, I expect that the power of the Lord WILL fill me up. God is the Living Water. We definitely need water more than once if we are running a marathon. It's a constant filling up, an abundant filling up, a continual project for the Lord. I definitely need it.

4. To roll with the punches. Nothing in life ever goes as planned. Changes and unexpected events come up. . .so it is best to expect that things will not always go as planned. A lesson I might think is GREAT might totally bomb. . .and that's when I have to try again another way.

5. To experience more of God; experience God differently. The longer we walk with God, the more dynamic our relationship becomes. Just like in any relationship, as you change, so does the relationship. Since God is in charge of changing me, I just know some new and exciting things will happen.

6. To make new friends; influence new people. In any environment, we are given the opportunity to impact people. I pray that I will be positive, forgiving, understanding, and compassionate in my new environment. 

7. For current friends to "move on." At some point in this chapter, I have several people I love that will be going elsewhere. That will be a big change, but those people will remain in my heart no matter where they go. 

8. TO CONTINUE THIS PROCESS OF SANCTIFICATION. I reality, I could've just listed this one and cut the whole blog short, tehe. I was made a new creation in Christ almost 8 years ago. I am not turning back, I will not be conquered by anything. If God is for us, then who can be against us? 

It's going to be a great chapter! 

2 Cor. 5: 17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Heb. 13: 12, 13
"So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured."

Take me outside the camp, Oh Lord. 



No comments: