Let me begin...

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Day

So, it's my official LAST DAY of work here at the school. . . and when I say "work," I mean sitting around looking up stuff on the internet because I am done with everything!

Whew. There are only so many things I can research on the internet and read about. . .it might be time to pull out my book!

My husband and I woke up this morning to a scary sight in the kitchen through some not quite well-made areas. . ."ant invasion 2010." It was not a pretty sight; they were everywhere! We sprayed, squished, and killed lots of the sneaky creatures, and by the time they were all dead, we knew we were running behind schedule!

Crazy way to get going on the last day of work, but as long as they don't greet me when I get home, I'll be just fine and dandy!

Last night we had the blessing of eating out with some dear friends at Cracker Barrel--our cousins have informed us that once we move to the west, we will miss the Crack. The Crack has always been one of my favorite places to eat (even though it hurts my tummy so badly), so I know I'll miss it.

Who knew that I'd get to eat there twice in one week? But Friday's brunch will bring me turkey bacon and eggs, not veggies.

My husband is just the best. Last week, he bought me a movie I had been wanting to watch again after reading the book (Slumdog Millionaire), and inside the movie was a MASSAGE APPOINTMENT. Thus, until Thursday, I will be anxiously awaiting an hour long deep tissue massage. This is very wonderful news to my aching back!

By the way, once you've read the book S.M., you'll be very disappointed in how much the movie is TOTALLY NOT THE SAME as the book. The book is so much better and more intricate. . .and also much more thought-provoking.

I can't wait to go to India.

The children of the world in a multi-colored array are so beautiful to me. A rainbow of mixed ethnicities. . .awesome.

This morning I filled out the application for the awesome apartment we found-super excited to get out there and see it in person. Also super excited to see how our oversized furniture is getting up the stairs to the top floor where we will live. It's not heavy stuff. . .just bulky. But that is a challenge all in itself.

In other news, Trader Joe's is 3 miles from the new place, so my dietary needs will be met close to home. There is also a natural foods store right across the street. Yesterday while at "work" I managed to check out the full area and map out distances to everything we could possibly need. It's looking like it'll be easy to park the car and only use that baby when we road trip to CANADA, PORTLAND, AND CALI!

Before we hit Asia, it seems necessary to see all we can see. I think once we get there the chances of us being anywhere near motivated to return will be extremely slim.

Cambodia, Nepal, India, mainland China, Japan, the whole Asian rim--it's calling. I'm listening. . .hearing the sounds of the city, smelling the smells of the food, feeling the emotional lost burden of the people, and feeling at home whilst doing this.

Sounds good.

I know it's God.

No comments: