Let me begin...

Friday, May 28, 2010

Keeping the old. . .and the new

The expression "out with the old and in with the new" does not always have to apply. While in some cases, this is true (i.e. becoming a Christian--bye bye old self!!), it is not true in my personal opinion when it comes to friends.

Yes, some friends are only in your life for a season. They come in for a chapter or two but then they are gone--not because you "hate each other," but simply because life moves you in different directions.

I know that in moving, I do not feel like I am going to "lose" anything. In a technologically advanced society, it'd be really hard to "fall off the face of the planet." I have friends that I know are those friends that will be in my life "for the rest of my chapters."

If you are reading this as a friend, I'm not dipping out on people--just the location.

:)

All in all, my husband and I have been very blessed with some amazing friends. Not only did all of our friends come together last Saturday to bid us goodbye and God be with you, but my friends from work surprised us last night. . .and many other friends have had us over for dinner, taken us out for dinner, or set aside some of their precious time to spend with us before we leave.

For this, I am so thankful and grateful.

Moving is emotional--we have deep, emotional, God-centered ties with friends here who have seen us through the years. We will not forget.

With the Lord in your heart, there is always more love to give. You can never reach a limit with love; you can never run out of love.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

We had such a great time last night. It was great seeing work friends outside of work. This morning I get to meet with my fav teacher people. It begin long ago as "Three Feisty Teachers" and now we've grown a bit larger. . .FIVE FEISTY TEACHERS! ;)

Cracker Barrel + turkey bacon + friends = a good time. MMMMMMM MMMMMMM.

Tomorrow we have showers and this upcoming week, more packing and more spending time with friends! How exciting! I am going to enjoy my last bit of summer here before the move.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

In other news, we've been approved for an apartment. Two-bedroom, vaulted ceilings, top floor. Super excited to see how all our furniture is going to get to the top floor. I guess all my protein bars will come in handy as the husband and I hoist our ginormous couch over our heads. That thing would never fit in an elevator. Except maybe the elevators at IKEA or Trader Joe's . . .but that isn't going to benefit us. We won't be living in a store.

PI-VOT! PI-VOT! I can see a reenactment of FRIENDS now. I'll give the quote to him though. ;)

That's all my news for now. . .! Off to look at some books. . .like we need more. . .

No comments: