Let me begin...

Friday, August 6, 2010

TGIF!!

I was finally able to go to the doctor (since I had a high fever) so now I am on antibiotics to cure my sinus infection. I dislike doctors greatly, but I am ready to feel good again! I am ready to be able to walk and have fun and ride my bike!

I am very glad that today is Friday. I have been in a younger class all week at work and there are soooo many kids and sooo much action. . .and I have to blow my nose soooooo many times a day. . . the weekendis very welcome and I am ready for 6pm!

This week we are thankful that my husband has a part-time job. He also received a call on his "most-desired" job, and it really looks like he will get it! What an answered prayer! The job is very close to home, and it is the hospital he wants to work at. I hope that he will get the final word very soon!

Our friend from Taiwan left us yesterday; now we look forward to our trip to Taiwan with great anticipation. The good news--we have a place to stay for free and food in Taiwan is dirt cheap. The bad news: plane tickets are not dirt cheap. We hope to have enough money saved up so that we can travel there in 1.5-2 years. We actually are hoping to go in the "winter" because summer will be SO hot. If we can, we hope to visit during Chinese New Year, which takes place at the end of January and the beginning of February. It would be a great experience! My husband and I look forward to that, but for now, we are here in our new home, enjoying our new city very much.

I am thankful for the following things:

1. People here are more real. If you're mad, you say it. If you have issues, you don't hide them and put on a mask. This I appreciate; the south in general seems to be VERY into outward appearances and being "clean" and "good." I'd rather have honest.

2. Convenience. We shop at like, 6 different grocery stores. There are tons of coupons, and certain stores have good prices on certain items. However, we do not have to DRIVE to ANY of these places. NO. WE WALK.

3. A greater ability to serve daily. If you look back to number one, I like honesty. My spiritual gifts are serving and mercy. If no one is ill, how can I serve? Here, I feel that I can more easily serve and people are more likely to say, "Hey, I need help." God is giving me this huge blessing. If I cannot help and serve others, I often feel useless, sad, and as if I am not being obedient to God's call. Serving and setting an example for Jesus here is a totally different experience. I love it.

4. Parks and walking. Self-explanatory. We only drive on Sunday, and this week we are biking to church since our guest is no longer with us (we only have 2 bikes!!).

5. Awesome new church. I'm glad to be getting fed again. We love the church we are attending and their focus on serving the community. I often wonder why the body is not reaching out. This church has a great community focus that we love.

6. Weather. Much cooler. Less sweat=less annoyance. Also, less sunscreen irritation.

Overall, we're feeling happy and settled in here. Lunch break is almost over...off to brush teeth before a few more hours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for feeling better. hooray for loving your new city. we are jealous of the cooler temps, being as we're cooking down here in 98 degree florida. love you guys and hope to see you soon. ps...will you come help us set our house back up again and unload the pod?! we'll feed you =)

Talitha said...

Yes--we will help, even w/out your bribes. Heehee