Let me begin...

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthdays & Blessings

Well, the hubby's bday celebration weekend has kicked off! Last night I got off work so late our biking was put off, so we went out for a bday dinner at a place where my boo could get a steak. I crave pickles; he craves steak. Men & women are so different!

Today we went to Seward Park again--the weather has been amazing here lately! It was cold in the park. . .we had on hiking boots and jackets! It got a bit warmer and now the sun is out, but it's still nice outside! I just made the bday cake and sang. . .so my hubbles was sent off to work with a very full tummy! After our hike, he got to get all beefed up again at Five Guys, Burgers & Fries! Apparently, that is the number one burger place in the US right now.

Tomorrow we are heading to church in the morning, then heading to the market for our fresh produce for the week, and then going bowling for hubby's last bday event! It has been a fun weekend, and the weeks keep flying by!

We are feeling really blessed and ever so happy. I don't think I fully realized how ready I was to leave until we got out here and started enjoying the city. There is so much to do and see here. Less stress, more time with my husband, more time to read, etc.

In other news, the husband's new job is going well. He took me for a tour of the grounds at the new hospital and it is lovely. One would never feel comfy at a hospital, but the fact that the hospital is set outside of the city with loads of trees, flowers, fountains, etc. around. . .I would def pick them! The hospital is known for being caring, which is exactly what my husband is. He is going to do well there. I am so happy and proud of him.

Right now I am trying to get motivated to organize some paperwork and other things. . .we will see what happens!! I am so excited to go to church in the morning. . .our sermons have been so awesome lately. I am so thankful to be getting to know people out here also. There are SO many young families like us at our new church. . .loads of people with babies and young kids running around--it is refreshing and getting me very excited for the future. Being a parent is going to be such a huge blessing.

We really feel like God is looking out for us. He is taking care of us, answering our prayers, and giving us an ABUNDANCE of blessings. He has been so provisional during this transitional time in our lives. . .we praise Him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is such a faithful provider! glad to hear you guys are doing well....see ya soon