Let me begin...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love and Lists

Since my last pure miracle, I've been experiencing those day to day miracles--God getting me through a day at work even with a really bad headache, God taking the headache away at 4am so I could still go to work, God protecting my classroom when a student who had been gone awhile returned, in providing R. to help in my classroom, in providing K. to be a very wonderful co-worker who teaches SPED and can bring me home, giving me strength despite exhaustion, allowing us to spend time getting to know new friends, giving us the funds to keep paying off the other "small" physician bills (we're at about 4500 grand I think), giving us people to LOVE.

I love love. I know that's putting two words that are twins beside each other, but that's the easiest way to say that I LOVE receiving AGAPE from God. All of the things listed above and everything else NOT on my list is all made possible by God. This reminds me of a PBS commercial all of a sudden. They used to show "Anne of Green Gables" all the time, stating that "this broadcast was made possible by viewers like YOU!" I remember that. But the truth is, AGAPE isn't made possible by two-leggers like me. AGAPE is made possible by GOD. "Anything is possible, with God all things are possible. . . don't give up 'cause He never gives in!" Another one of the millions of song lyrics in my poor head. If only someone would come up with a "Bible rap." I am sure I could seize more of God's Word to store in my heart. Seriously, that's how I memorized a few verses in my day. . .but back to AGAPE.

AGAPE is loving in the day to day. AGAPE is loving me when I am dirty, mean, feisty, lazy, and having a poor attitude. These things happen often, to be quite frank, and I often think. . .man, how can I keep friends? Fortunately, the AGAPE from God REFLECTS. When people see a Jesus-follower, some of that AGAPE love reflects to that person. No matter how you share love with others, a small picture of that AGAPE is included.

When God looks at us, He sees Jesus. When other people look at us, they see at least some attributes of Jesus. A favorite expression of mine says, "You may be the only Jesus someone sees." How convicting is that upon my soul? My evil thoughts, my wicked deeds? And people see me, knowing that I proclaim the name of Christ, and they lump me in a category with Jesus? YIKES. If that doesn't spur a person on to striving for obedience, I don't know what will.

Like I said, people see a little bit of AGAPE from you if you are a Jesus-follower. Let me ask God for the WISDOM I need to become more like His perfect Son. And let me continue in the understanding that I CANNT ACHIEVE PERFECTION, nor will I ever be a super-duper-awesome example of Christ all the time. . .that is where GRACE comes to join AGAPE and they run off into the sunset together.

Gotta love love.

No comments: