Let me begin...

Friday, July 24, 2009

A new year begins. . .

Well, I started going to VMS to set up my classroom this week. It wasn't as tortorous as expected! I feel like the summer has passed by SO quickly and I wasn't sure if I was ready to begin another stressful year.

However, I know that if the year never starts, then I don't get to get married, and I can't handle that one either! :) I am so excited for November! I know I'll get through the year. I just found out that my only 8th grader is changing schools, so I won't have to do 8th grade GAA activities!! That takes out 26 multiple-day (usually) activities that I will not have to do. The Lord answered my prayers and relieved that stress from me, so now I'm way more pumped about heading back. God can do anything, and He has definitely taken away so much stress from me for this upcoming year! PRAISE HIM! Two great people I know are also giving me a rowboat. . .and I am super excited!! Think of what a COOLIO reading center this will be!! So excited! It's also appropriate because we will begin the year by reading Treasure Island. :) Pirates and ahoy, matey!

B and I caught some great deals at Hobby Lobby on ribbon and flower petals for my girls. Woot! Only a few more purchases and we will be totally ready to go. Still waiting on the monogram. . ..

In other news, the new house rocks, B is moving in right next door, and aside from the freaky doorbell ringer of midnight, it's great being out in the country where you can ride your bike around!

I am expecting the Lord to see me through this year and do many great things in the lives of my students. I can't wait to watch them change all over again--that's the best part!! <><

2 comments:

Sonny Davis said...

Glad to see that you are posting again and looking forward to the new school year.

November is a good month to get married in :)

Talitha said...

It is. :) Nice and cool. Hehe