Let me begin...

Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Home"

Well, this morning we will try our 4th church here in the area. . .we are praying to find our new "home." We miss our home back in GA. We miss our family there. Here, going from church to church each Sunday with no roots, reminds me of being a freshman in college. Everyone always tried lots of different churches "just to make sure" I only went to two different churches, once a piece, after going to home. Home was the first church I went to after moving away to college. Home is where I have been since 2003.

A few notes on the word "home:"

1. I am not talking about a house in which I lived

2. I am talking about a body of believers with which I had great fellowship. I am talking about family. Home is where your family is.

3. Right now, our family is far away back in GA. We miss them greatly, and they are still in our hearts and on our minds.

4. Home can be expanded. People want to say, "don't forget where you come from." Well, I believe that since home is a people-group for me, your home can only grow larger.

5. I think building a larger home is what God wants. He doesn't just want a two person home. He wants a home with lots of colors, lots of faces, lots of DIFFERENCES.

6. If our home is only made up of one color, it's too much. We need to paint. I'm not saying that we have to run out and force ourselves on people. No. That is wrong. I am saying that we need to expand our vision of what God wants in a home. I know that God likes colors. Browns, greens, . . .even pinks and purples! Maybe some polka dots.


I have many soapboxes, this is just one of them. But I write all of this to say that we pray that this 4th church will be a place that we can expand our home. Right now, I have my husband and one of my favorite people from Taiwan here (i.e. close enough to touch). I'm ready to expand, to study God's word, to continue growing with some new editions to the home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to that. you speak of the very struggle we are currently having in our heart....our family of brothers and sisters are back on the west coast, and we are now on your stomping grounds. there are people back there who are dear to us; people to whom we've willed our children should something happen to us. people with whom we pray and fellowship with daily. it is a hard thing to be away from them. and you are in the same place. we pray the Lord will guide you to a body of believers with whom you can have the koinonia that God's Word speaks of. we love you.....the cousins

Anonymous said...

You guys will soon find your home. It just might take some time