Let me begin...

Monday, July 19, 2010

Praises to the Lord!

Yesterday we finally found a church matching nearly all of our desires. Since no church is perfect, we are pretty sure that this is the one!

The worship was awesome, the guest pastor was great (the actual pastor was home; very sick. :(), they have small groups, etc.

After last week (wow, a "claimed" reformed church with a female pastor), we were so thankful to find like-minded believers. When we first got there, the numbers were slim, but since we were early it soon became quite full. This is awesome for an area like Seattle.

We sang very worshipful songs (with instruments, unlike our 2nd church), we took communion (and will every week, awesome!), and we did Scripture/confessional recitation, which I have missed.

There are several small groups all around the city, so we will go to one of those this week, based on when I get off work. Some are at 6, while some meet at 7:30. And if none of those work, we can always do Sundays. However, we would greatly prefer to spread out the joy during the week. :)

Also, they have a food ministry with the homeless, women's Bible studies, and overall, we were just pleased to have opportunities to serve side by side with fellow Christians OUTSIDE of the church building. Not saying that we survive based on works (so not true!), but where there is faith, works will follow. We have missed serving others with Christian brothers and sisters, and we are excited to see what happens at this new church.

PRAISE BE TO GOD! WE LIFT UP OUR HEARTS TO HIM!

In other news, this morning I will begin my new job. I will be in training and a "floater" for an unknown period of time. This actually sounds quite nice to me. Having too many responsibilities for the past couple of years has been exhausting. I will be happy to do what others request for awhile while they decide with whom I will teach. :)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

My husband and I are enjoying our friend S (from Taiwan) so much. . .I am so thankful that even though God has asked me to be patient and wait to return to where I left my heart 4 years ago, that He is now allowing friends FROM where I left my heart to come to us. God knows exactly what I need, as well as what my husband and I need. We are practicing our Chinese in hopes that S can help us pick out what language program will be the best. Each area (i.e. southern Taiwan vs. northern Taiwan, Taiwan vs. China, etc.) all speak with different Chinese accents, much like people in different areas of the USA do. Hence, we need a program that speaks like the people from Taiwan. Learning a tonal language is difficult enough; we do not need any more hurdles to cross. :)

I have had a wonderful summer. Spending time with people back in GA, exploring our new city, enjoying exploring even more and being a tour guide for S. . .such a very blessed summer.

I'm off to get ready for work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you really need to post again. just sayin =)
the cousins