Let me begin...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Autumn


Well, let's just say that I am very appreciative of cooler weather.

1. My favorite clothing comes out of the closet: sweaters. Cozy. MMM.

2. Breezy coolness.

3. Riding with the windows down so that I can somewhat interact with God's glory in natural things.

4. Less sweat. This does NOT mean less deodorant, folks. :-P

5. The sheer beauty that is fall.


Yep, I am a lover of the cooler seasons. Not to say that I take the hot seasons for granted, but there is something about a crisp, fall day that makes me happy. If only I could travel north to see the trees. It is so beautiful--red, burnt orange, bright yellow. The sides of the mountains look like fall sprinkles have covered them, but it's really just crispy, crunchy leaves.

God is so prominent on the side of that mountain to me. Maybe to you, too. 

Even though I long to see a fall like the ones of my past, I know that my present is right here. I see God each day, whether it's through the love of others, a blessing bestowed from the Lord, or just that awesome feeling of peace when you allow the Lord to be in control despite your desire to control everything yourself. 

Thank You, God, for this new season and for Your daily guidance and discipline which I so often need. 


No comments: