Let me begin...

Saturday, September 13, 2008

HI-larity

Here are some funny things that have happened that I wanted to write down to commit to my memory. I want to remember the fun times!

1. My friend (who is 22) came to visit and do paper mache. . ."OOOOOHHHH, Ms. Rose, is that your daughter?" Yea. LQTM. These kids. 

2. Anytime I ask the rhetorical question "And you know what?", one of my students says, "What?" It's just the way she says it. 

3. When we talked about asteroids, one of my kids was in TV land. We try to encourage him to come out and play with the real people occasionally. "Will that come and blow up the Earth?" "No, but it made a good movie." 

4. We're reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Before we started, we previewed the story. I showed them pictures from the movie and we watched the movie trailer. One of the pictures was of Aslan--the front of the DVD, for those who have it, I do believe. One of my students says (with big eyes), "That lion is lookin' at me." The next day, Friday, she told our ILT's during the picnic that the lion was looking at her. Then I had to explain the situation. It was so funny.

5. We had a picnic yesterday. We also had a dance party. Our principal came in and danced with us. One of my para's took some pictures of it, so yesterday afternoon, we printed off one of him doing the robot and taped it on the door to his office. :-) Hehe. "CAUGHT IN THE ACT!!"

6. "WHAT?!?!?!" You just have to come visit. You'll understand.

7. One of our ILT's came and gave out notebooks to my students. The girls all got Hannah Montana. One student jumped up and down for 5 minutes, literally about the notebook. We didn't get much done in science that day. 

8. During a music break, one of my students fell to the ground and spun herself around, pretending to play the guitar. Wow. 

9. "It's on my hands!!!" The boys freaked out when we did paper mache. . .but the girls were elbow deep in glue and water!

10. The first time I snorted. . .apparently, snorting is the funniest thing on the planet to middle school students. . .and paraprofessionals. One of my students almost fell out of her chair.


We have the best time in the room. I love my job even when things get crazy and discouraging. When that happens, I try to focus on the funny, wonderful things that have happened so far. :-) It's a blessing to be a teacher. 

1 Peter 3:8-17
"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, 
   "Whoever would love life 
      and see good days 
   must keep his tongue from evil 
      and his lips from deceitful speech. 
 
He must turn from evil and do good; 
      he must seek peace and pursue it. 
 
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous 
      and his ears are attentive to their prayer, 
   but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."


Lord, I pray that I will continue striving to do good and not evil. May my attitude and heart be under the full influence of the Holy Sprit; He Who guides me. May my heart not be troubled in times of trials. May I depend solely on You for my strength. Even in my discouragement, may You allow me to cleave to You in utter dependence. 

Thank You for my students. When others discourage me, they are what I need to get motivated yet again. I praise You for the good days and the bad. . .because without bad days, the good days just wouldn't be SO good. :-)

3 comments:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives. I invite you to share your story, struggles or testimonies. Blessings...

Hadassah said...

Keep that sense of humor Talitha, it will take you far...

Sonny Davis said...

Whenever you find joy in what you're doing, it's a good indication that you are right where you need to be.