Let me begin...

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whew

Whew. What a week. Even in its shortened state, the week was still really crazy! I have told a few people that I think the 3-day weekends mess me up more than they help me out. . .because when 5:30 am on Tuesday arrives, I am never prepared. :-D

This past weekend I programmed an AT device all weekend, which was great. I can't wait to see how my student uses it. I'm thankful I could help the parents out in some way.

My camera bid adieu to me on Monday at the Hill's home, and then gave it's last show on Wednesday. Now she is in the great beyond. . .no longer living the high life in my purse. It's a sad story. The lens just got all messed up and crazy, so now I'm going to be getting a new camera. A Rebel. That will be a new, enjoyable photography experience, but I hate that my good ol' camera won't be with me any more. 2.5 years is a long and meaningful relationship.

Enough about the camera.

Wednesday was hilarious. We made our paper mache solar system. My girls were elbow-deep in paper mache, but the boys were like, "EW, MY HANDS, I NEED TO WASH MY HANDS!" for the entire project. Now that was sad. They are going to have to get over that little quirk though. . .we still have to make a volcano. And rockets. And enact an earthquake. And lots of other messy things. Baha. I can't wait! 

Yesterday all of the new special education teachers had an all-day workshop--half at another school and half at the Central Office with our faithful leader. 

The afternoon was more helpful because it actually applied to us and our adapted curriculum. The morning was more about co-teaching and teachers who do pull-out separate class rather than full-day self-contained.

I went to Wal-Mart afterwards and purchase our new rug and bookshelf. WOO HOO! Now I just need books to go on it. That will be a groovy day! So far, I really don't have any appropriate books in the classroom. I'm working on that. 

I feel very blessed this week. Being a special education teacher is hard, but when I look at what others are going through, I am very thankful for the supportive people I have at my school. The ILT's at my school are my friends--they come to my classroom and talk to my students. They are really the most wonderful people. They've loaned me materials and got me grade-level textbooks. I can't thank them enough. 

I am also very, very thankful that my students are going to Connections classes without too many people getting feisty. 

I have to get ready for next week today and tomorrow. . .interim report cards go out. We will see how this goes. I just pray that I make it to the end of the year with everyone alive. . .including myself! At least I have a super-groovy group of kids!

I will leave you on this note. . .I went and visited my little cream puffs from last year during my lunch break yesterday. They are doing SO GREAT! I mean, kids were talking, they were identifying items, etc. I am so proud. I love them. I miss those schmall little puffers!

Here is what my heart tells the Lord in exhaustion:

Psalm 42 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 byInternational Bible Society

    

Psalm 42

BOOK II : Psalms 42-72
 1
For the director of music. A maskil of the Sons of Korah. [a]
    "[b] As the deer pants for streams of water, 
       so my soul pants for you, O God.

 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
       When can I go and meet with God?

 3 My tears have been my food 
       day and night, 
       while men say to me all day long, 
       "Where is your God?"

 4 These things I remember 
       as I pour out my soul: 
       how I used to go with the multitude, 
       leading the procession to the house of God, 
       with shouts of joy and thanksgiving 
       among the festive throng.

 5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
       Why so disturbed within me? 
       Put your hope in God, 
       for I will yet praise him, 
       my Savior and 6 my God. 
       My [c] soul is downcast within me; 
       therefore I will remember you 
       from the land of the Jordan, 
       the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

 7 Deep calls to deep 
       in the roar of your waterfalls; 
       all your waves and breakers 
       have swept over me.

 8 By day the LORD directs his love, 
       at night his song is with me— 
       a prayer to the God of my life.

 9 I say to God my Rock, 
       "Why have you forgotten me? 
       Why must I go about mourning, 
       oppressed by the enemy?"

 10 My bones suffer mortal agony 
       as my foes taunt me, 
       saying to me all day long, 
       "Where is your God?"

 11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
       Why so disturbed within me? 
       Put your hope in God, 
       for I will yet praise him, 
       my Savior and my God."


And here is how God makes me react when I see His hand in my daily life. . .when I see how much He helps me. . .when I recognize His grace, kindness, guidance, and caring Spirit: 

Psalm 100 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 byInternational Bible Society

    

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
 1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

 2 Worship the LORD with gladness; 
       come before him with joyful songs.

 3 Know that the LORD is God. 
       It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ; 
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
       and his courts with praise; 
       give thanks to him and praise his name.

 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; 
       his faithfulness continues through all generations."


Thank You, Lord, for getting me through another week! 



1 comment:

Hadassah said...

I'm just loving you Talitha, that's all.

Keep up the amazing work.