Let me begin...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

New experiences. . .daily

Hola!
 
So tomorrow our school system ceases because of Tropical Storm Fay. That is so weird to me. I remember the snow days of my childhood. . .now we have "rain days" or "hurricane days." 

I had an all-day workshop, so I wasn't going to get to see my kids anyway. Tomorrow is a work day for me--I brought home tons o' things to keep me busy.

My kids are the funniest things on the planet. 

Apparently, they think I am funny. One died in a fit of laughter this afternoon because I told her that some of the boys in gym were running "at a slow walk." Wow. She almost fell off her walker.

We also do the funky chicken in class. Especially on Fun Friday. One of my students does the "samba" and she throws herself back so I can catch her. It's HI-larious. 

Today we had our first seizure of the year. I was thankful to have two others in the room to help because my kids are as big or bigger than me this year. He was really stiff--it was a rough one. We made it through.

I am appreciative of involved parents. 

All of my kids made A's on the first spelling test--we had it yesterday. :-) It was great to tell them they ALL made A's. My grading scale is based on a curve that I have invented. I will never give lower than a B on anything. Most things depend on effort and participation. I love helping kids succeed.

Next week I get to have my first ever IEP meeting. It will be exciting. :-) 

I love my job. Even in the crazy times. I love that I have new friends to encourage. I pray that I will live each day as if it were my last day. You never know when it will be!


1 comment:

Sonny Davis said...

I may have enjoyed school a bit more if my teachers were like you.

It's enjoyable to read about your adventures in teaching.