Let me begin...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Praises in the storm

Matt. 5:43-48:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

**Lord, when people hurt my feelings, may I remember to forgive 70 x's 7. May I remember to love those who persecute me so that I can set an example for them. May I always be respectful of others and treat others lovingly and kindly, no matter what might happen to me.

Matt. 6:25-34:
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

**When things are out of my control, may I forget them and not let them ruin another day. I will not always please everyone; I will not always have all of the answers; and I will certainly never have all of the right answers. 


Lord, I praise You for this hard day. Even in the confusion, I thank You for enabling me to have a Bible to read once I got home so that I could remind myself in your Word of what I need to do and how I need to deal with stress.

The stressors I expected are not present, and unexpected stressors are present. One can never be prepared. I thank You for showing me again that this is where I am supposed to be, that I cannot prepare myself, and that I need You and Your guidance here now more than ever before.

I love You. 





PS: I STILL love my job, I still love my students, and I KNOW that the Lord is leading me. Nothing can separate me from the LOVE of Christ.

4 comments:

Sonny Davis said...

Though sometimes we can't see its application clearly, God's truth is still applicable in all situations. He loves us; He provides for us; and He Always works things out for the good of those who love Him, and are called, according to His purpose.

You needed to see the sign I saw a lady holding yesterday, "Jesus Loves You".

Be encouraged.
Zebedee

Talitha said...

Oh yes. :-)

Yesterday, all I wanted was for someone to hug me so that I could move past it. I'm not an "advice-seeker;" that's what God is for.

Even though I never got that or felt that anyone was on my side, when I got to my room, I read old faithful: Matthew.

When I get hurt, this is where I go so that I can be reminded of how to treat people, even people who hurt me.

God's joy comes new every morning! He has renewed my strength! <><

Mrs. Erven said...

God's so faithful!

I was hurt today by some colleagues, and then here's truth from God through you. :)

Father in heaven, I praise You for Your faithfulness to your children. In Christ's precious name, Amen.

Talitha said...

Yes, it's ROUGH when people hurt you. I think we're all really sensitive people. :-/

Once I had some "get over it time" with the Bible, I got my perspective back.

It is so hard to remind yourself that persecution is good for you because it doesn't feel good. The best thing I see is that the more it happens, the more I am "prepared"/"ready to deal with" the next round.

People will push us down, but God will pick us back up.