Let me begin...

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wow, exhaustion strikes!

Wow. This week was a bit insane for me. Lots of things that weren't on the "schedule" happened at school. . .lots of paperwork I didn't know about. . .many things. 

But you know what? After my first day of teaching (which lasted from 6:58am when I stepped on campus until 8:30pm when I left), I STILL WANT TO DO THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING. 

The first half of my day was hectic. Kids were MIA and our buses ran SUPER late, so breakfast didn't happen until nearly 9:45. 

I didn't get to actually work with the kids in my classroom until after lunch because there were other things that had to be taken care of. After lunch, I finally got to work on assessing and observing my students. I have plenty to add to my notes when I get to the school today. I have so many levels! What a challenge! 

I learned SO much on my first day of work. . .I'm thankful for the rough patch. Let's just say that I know from personal experience that I'm someone who learns from the hard times and the trials. Sometimes, there are things you learn just by being pushed out of the nest. Here I am. I'm ready to learn the rest of what they can't teach me in graduate school.

I have good co-workers to help when I have questions, I have great parapros, and most importantly, God is giving me the strength I need to get through each day. 

Here are my "STRENGTH VERSES" for the year:
1. Phil. 1:27, 28a:  "Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents."

2. 2 Tim. 1:7: "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

3. Rom. 12:9-11: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."

4. 1 Tim. 4:12: "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

Well, it's been an experience thus far. . .and I know it will continue to be an experience. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Mrs. Erven said...

I'm going to keep those "strength verses" for myself, as well. Praise God for His promises!

~Sarah <><

Sonny Davis said...

We shall pray for your perseverance, and we are moved by your devotion. We are blessed to have teachers such as you and Sarah in our school system-especially since our children are apart of it.

Zebedee