Let me begin...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankfulness

I am thankful for:

1. Good parent meetings. I WANT parents to be INVOLVED! What a huge blessing!

2. MY STUDENTS. Wow, Friday can't get here soon enough. They are the reason why I can focus. Thinking about their faces motivates me to do these things. God has placed them in my heart, one by one. I can't wait.

3. Good meetings with parapros. What a blessing to have a great first meeting of the year! Thank you Dr. H. for giving me additional practice in speaking with parapros! 

4. Desks. Yay, each child gets a desk! Now I just need to take down one table!

5. Grade-level textbooks. Thank you Mrs. P and Mrs. R! :-) Wow, now I have PLENTY of info. to modify!

6. The song, "Sing to the King." It encourages me EVERY morning. :-)

7. Jesus wins. Jesus is King. Jesus strengthens me . . .because it's easy to beat yourself up. But you know what? He picks you back up, strengthens your weak knees, and gives you the power to RUN!

8. Coffee. MMM.

9. Post-its, supplies, and colorful pens. NOT RED. So discouraging. 

10. My mentor teacher and her willingness to help me as she can. :-)

Okay, gotta get ready. It is about to be another BUSY day!! 

Later I'll tell you the four verses I'm thankful for that I've claimed for the year! 

1 comment:

Sonny Davis said...

Well said, Talitha. Many of us don't spend nearly enough time in communicating our thanfulness to God. It's amazing how long our list can be when we devote serious thought to it.

Zebedee